Audition Requirements for Spring 2022 Prelude
Prelude is a 1/2 year program for beginning string musicians. Applications for next year’s Prelude will be accepted in the Fall of 2021.
Record your Audition:
- Whether using a cell phone or video camera, make sure that there is adequate light in the room in which you are recording.
- Make sure that you are standing or sitting far enough away from the camera that the judges can see you adequately. The video should clearly record both your left and right arms/hands. Your torso should be visible for accurate assessment of posture and playing position.
- Record in a quiet environment so that judges hear you well.
- Start the recording by saying: your full name, your instrument, and the name of the orchestra for which you are auditioning (YAO, Philharmonic, Sinfonia, Intermezzo or Prelude).
- Record the 3 excerpts in the order they are found on the audition requirements sheet for your instrument
- Please record in one take (DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE VIDEOS).
- There will be No Sight Reading for this audition.
- All auditions must be submitted to Acceptd.
- Remember, the deadline to submit videos is January 15.
Making the Dreams of Young Artists a Reality